Internet Explorer 11 is outdated. For improved security and optimized performance we highly recommend upgrading your browser. ChromeFirefoxEdge
Personal IRA Accounts
Plan ahead for the perfect retirement by opening a traditional or Roth IRA today.
Both IRA plans offer tax advantages that differ based on when you receive the benefits. Start earning competitive interest right away. Plan today; relax tomorrow with an American Community Bank.
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings
- C.D. Terms ranging from 3 Months to 5 years
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup charges
- No monthly or annual maintenance charges
Traditional Vs. Roth
There are advantages to both traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is the time at which you see the most advantage. A traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution in any year allowing flexibility
- Contributions may be tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70½
- No minimum amount to set up
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Qualified Withdrawals on dividends can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals on dividends subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.
Go to top